Behold a Pale Horse, Part 1

I can’t seem to get myself out of creature modeling. I tried making a placeable object for the first time and wound up turning it into a creature. Currently, I’m building critters of the four-legged variety once again. The concept sketch shown on the right is of a horse. At least I think it’s a horse. It’s either that or a really large, armored greyhound. Let’s call it a horse for now. Anyway, this is what’s been keeping me busy lately. (That and a certain video game babe that I’ve been modeling on and off.)

The screenshot shown on the left is of my current work in progress with the high-poly horse model. I’m supposed to give this creature barding, which I will add later. I felt that its present appearance is interesting enough to blog about, which is why I’m posting this picture here.

More to come in my next blog post.

Comments

Josh said…
I wish I could make creatures :)

Over the summer I hope to learn how to use Max and Photoshop for area creation.
Frank Perez said…
Heh. I wish I could make realistic exterior areas. ;)
EC said…
This dog-horse thing is freaky as hell. Nice modeling of the muscles there.
Anonymous said…
Looking good. Is the armor going to be a variation of the model or is it always going to have armor on it.

In the best possible way, this guy looks like a boss from a "Castlevania" game.
Frank Perez said…
Good question, Chaos Wielder. Initially, I intended the armor to be a permanent part of the model, but that would hide a lot of the features of the unclad "horse" that make it look so freakish. I'll have to think on that a bit.
Enric said…
Nice modelling. Can't wait to see the armor. Will you take advantage of an existing NWN2 skeleton and its animations or will you started a new one from scratch?

RegaRDsss
Frank Perez said…
I'm going to use the horse skeleton and animation that comes with MotB. After this model, however, the remaining creatures that I have planned will need their own skeletons and animation. I can only hope that I am up to the task of creating them. :P

Popular posts from this blog

Converting Skyrim Armor to NWN2, Part 1

Killing Your Boss Requires Careful Thought

A New Home for BoB