Saturday, August 22, 2009

My Abishai, Part 1

A month ago, Jolly Jenkins posted a request for an abishai model at the Custom Content forum. Since I was planning to make several infernal models for Faithless anyway, I offered to help him out. Jolly said that he'd be needing the abishai in about a month's time. Little did I realize that in the interim, I'd be saddled with much more work for Shattered Dreams.

One month later, all I have to show for myself is the high-poly mesh pictured here. I still have to make the low-poly model, UV map, texture maps, skeleton rig, and animations. Now I'm starting to wonder what the devil possessed me to commit to this thing. Oh, well.

10 comments:

nicethugbert said...

NEAT!

Azenn said...

If it's any consolation, it looks cool.

palafoxx said...

Is really splendid, Frank. A good start.

RegaRDsss

Eguintir Eligard said...

Obviously you are doing better models than me so take this with a grain of salt if you already know it. In 3d studio, you don't need to rig/make a low poly model. You simply use the modifier called optimize I believe. Its an instant process, really. Hopefully you read this before creating a bunch of work for you !

Jclef said...

Great work, Frank - you just keep getting better at this!

E.C.Patterson said...

That'll be a nice new addition. Looking forward to seeing it textured.

Frank Perez said...

Thanks for the positive feedback, everyone.

@Eguintir:

I've tried the Optimize modifier several times in the past as well as the Multires modifier. I've found that automated methods for reducing the poly count usually results in strange meshes if the percentage reduction is high. Thanks for the heads up anyway.

Anonymous said...

This is really fantastic!!!!!!!

Declan said...

amayzing

Declan said...

Thats pretty damn cool