Eternity's End, Upended

It has been a long time since I last posted in-game screenshots of areas from Faithless. It's high time that I end this hiatus by presenting pictures of Eternity's End in the grip of war. Although I kept OEI's original design of this area mostly intact, I made a number of significant changes to it. As mentioned in my previous post, I replaced a few houses with burnt shells. I also replaced two of the buildings with piles of rubble.

Aside from these cosmetic changes, I put up a number of makeshift barricades along some of the pathways. These barricades are made from whatever the locals would conceivably have on hand -- crates, wagons, pieces of wood nailed together, those sort of things. Characters may attempt to destroy these barricades, but they stand the risk of being mowed down with missile fire while they are at it.

Perhaps the most striking change that I did to this area was to put a very large crater in one of the streets. In the Forgotten Realms, things that go boom are sometimes employed in warfare if the combatants can afford them. Since Faithless will be an epic-level campaign, it stands to reason that such things will be used to blast the opposition.

Comments

Hi Frank,

I do like the third screenshot with the crater and the war-torn houses in the background. I look forward to taking a closer look at this when it comes out. :)

Lance.
Frank Perez said…
Thanks, Lance. The third picture does look striking. Must have been a lucky shot. :p

Popular posts from this blog

Converting Skyrim Armor to NWN2, Part 1

A New Home for BoB

Killing Your Boss Requires Careful Thought